You may have people checking in to your business and not even know it! Four Square is a popular location-based social networking website for mobile devices. Users “check in” at venues using a mobile website to post their location, connect with friends, and receive specials. Once you claim your business you can manage your listing, add photos, engage and reward customers, post updates, list events, offer specials and more. Four Square is definitely a site you should consider if you have a brick and mortar business. (Even if you don’t there are lots of benefits, but we’ll talk about those another time.)
1. So the first step is to create a personal account here.
2. Next you will do a search for your business. When you find it, you will Claim Your Business.
3. Once you have claimed your business, you can create different types of specials.
There are lots of different types of specials from which to choose:
These help drive new customers
* Swarm Special – if you can get all “xx” number of people to check in at once, they all get “xx” discount.
* Friends Special – if you check in with “xx” number of friends you get “xx”
* Flash Special – the first “XX” number of people that checkin in after “xx” time get a discount on their order
* Newbie Special – you get “xx” on your first check-in
* Check-in Special – you get “xx” when you check in
These reward existing customer
* Loyalty Special – get “xx” every 3rd time you check-in
* Mayor Special – The Mayor get “xx” on every visit.
What makes Four Square fun for customers is that they more they participate the more “badges” they get which give them certain status “updates” or “privileges.” For instance whoever checks in the most becomes the Mayor of your establishment – and there can only be 1 mayor. If you run a Mayor Special, only the Mayor receives that certain discount.
Business Owners are often surprised to see how many people have checked into their business that they were not aware of. Once they create specials and start adding regular updates on specials, menu changes, entertainment, they will typically see an increase in Four Square activity. The plus here is that the Four Square activity of each client is then seen on various other social media platforms such as twitter or facebook when the client chooses to share the update.